Do you suffer from skin that is constantly red and irritated? Have you tried every remedy out there with no relief in sight? If so, it might be time to give Centella Asiatica a try.
This plant has been used for centuries in Asia for its amazing healing properties, and modern science has confirmed what ancient wisdom has known all along – Centella Asiatica for skin care is a powerful healer
Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of this amazing plant!
What is Centella Asiatica Skin Care?
If you've ever stumbled upon a skincare product with Centella Asiatica extract or water and wondered "WTH is this," you're not alone. But don’t worry, here is a simple explanation of what is Centella Asiatica for skin care:
For those in the know, Centella Asiatica is a powerful herb for healing skin. Also known as Gotu kola, this herb has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries to treat a wide variety of skin conditions.
From acne and eczema to psoriasis and scarring, Centella Asiatica is said to be able to improve the appearance of the skin.
Pros & Cons of Using Centella Asiatica Products
- Helps to improve circulation.
- Packed with antioxidants that can help to protect the skin from damage.
- Boosts collagen production, making the skin more radiant and youthful-looking.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to soothe irritated skin.
- Promotes wound healing, making it an ideal treatment for scars and blemishes.
- It takes time to work. Don't expect miracles from Centella Asiatica skincare; it takes time to work its magic on the skin. But if you're patient, you may be rewarded with softer, smoother skin.
So far, there is no evidence to suggest that Centella Asiatica skincare is unsafe for use in skincare products. In fact, many studies have found that it can be beneficial for the skin.
Since Centella Asiatica is an Asian herb, it is considered vegan friendly!
The short answer is yes, Centella Asiatica is considered to be a safe ingredient for pregnant women to use. However, as with any skincare product, it is always best to consult with your healthcare provider before using it.
There's no need to worry - Centella skin care is perfectly safe for breastfeeding mothers. In fact, it's often used to calm redness and irritation post-partum
Thanks to its many benefits for the skin, Centella Asiatica is often used in its active form in products formulated for sensitive and acne-prone skin.
Centella Asiatica is easily absorbed by the skin and doesn’t clog pores, so it is considered to be a no comedogenic ingredient.
EWG (Environment Working Group) Score
The EWG gives Centella Asiatica a score of "low hazard" or 1. This means that there are few concerns associated with using this ingredient on your skin.
CIR (Cosmetic Ingredient Review) Rating: A
The CIR has rated Centella Asiatica as safe for use in cosmetics. This means that Adenosine can be used in skin care products without any worries about safety.
PRECAUTIONS: Things to Know Before Using This Ingredient
Before including products with Centella Asiatica in your skincare routine, there are a few things you need to keep in mind
When to Use Centella Asiatica Products?
This ingredient is gentle enough to be used every day twice a day. You can include it in cleansers, toners, moisturizers, and face masks.
What Skin Type is Centella Skin Care Good for?
Centella Asiatica skincare can be used by all skin types, however, it is especially good for those with acne-prone or sensitive skin since it can calm redness and irritation and has anti-inflammatory properties.
What You Can’t Mix With Centella Asiatica?
Centella Asiatica is a mild and gentle ingredient that can be mixed with every other active ingredient. Mixing it won’t cause irritation or dryness.
Best Centella Asiatica Products
- AC Collection Blemish Spot Clearing Serum Kit
- Centella Blemish Cream
- Centella Calming Gel Cream
$15 and under Centella Asiatica Products
- Centella Asiatica Calming Mask
- Goodbye Redness Centella Mask
- Cicapair Calming Mask
You ask, we answer! Here are the most common questions about Centella Asiatica for skin
What are the benefits of Centella Asiatica?
Also known as Gotu kola, Centella Asiatica is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids, which help to soothe inflammation and improve skin elasticity. In addition, the herb has been shown to stimulate collagen production, making it an effective treatment for wrinkles and other signs of aging. Centella Asiatica is also known for its wound-healing properties, and it has been used to treat burns, scars, and other skin injuries.
Is CICA good for acne?
Yes. Centella Asiatica contains certain compounds that can help to reduce inflammation and promote healing. In addition, these compounds can also help to control excess oil production, which can lead to fewer breakouts.
Tips & Tricks to Include Centella Asiatica Products in Your Skincare Routine
Here are four ways to include Centella Asiatica in your skincare routine:
- Incorporate a product containing Centella Asiatica into your nightly skincare routine to help speed up the healing process of any blemishes or acne scars.
- Give your under-eye area some extra love by applying a Centella Asiatica-infused eye cream or gel.
- Use a Centella Asiatica-based toner to help soothe and calm irritated skin.
- Combat dryness, redness, and other signs of irritation by applying a Centella Asiatica-based cream or ointment to problem areas.